Wednesday, May 12, 2010

first look...

We got to see baby Causey for the first time today! The photo below doesn't do it any justice. Seeing (and hearing) the heartbeat was awesome!



We are still on schedule for a 12/19 delivery... though if I'm anything like my sisters I'm predicting baby Causey will arrive 3 weeks early!

I can't help but to start planning out the nursery. I know we still have a good 12 weeks before we know what we're having (yes, we are definitely going to find out!)... but we can hope for a boy, right?

That reminds me of a great song called Pregnant Women are Smug...



Have we picked out names? OF COURSE. Am I going to share them with you? SURE. Do I want to hear anyone's input about them? HECK NO!

Boy name:



I just love that name! And I LOVE the framed letters from Land of Nod. $28 a piece is waaaay to much but I have a feeling that I have a friend who can make something similar (HINT HINT).

Girl names (do we have to?):
Tenley, Olivia...

I've totally picked out the decor for the nursery. Modern & antique...



You can read all about this room here. I'm already on a mission to find a similar changing table at one of the antique stores!

I also love the crib. IKEA baby!



It's super simple, and easy on our pocket book. My main goal with this baby is not to go overboard and spend a bunch of money on stuff that we could borrow!

I don't know what I'm going to do with the bedding just yet but I want to use soft colors and TEXTURE.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. even though you dont want name feedback, im gonna give it! they are both GREAT!!! love the names and of course the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx gals! My mom has informed me that the Gulliver crib looks like a hospital bed hahaha. That's ok though, it's cheap, and I like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abram is PRECIOUS!!! And even though I have heard OF that name before, I have never known someone to actually name their baby that! If it is a girl though, you will go nuts over all the fun girly stuff! Olivia is such a precious "girly girl" name....so sweet!

    ReplyDelete