Wednesday, April 28, 2010

new kid in town...

If you haven't already heard the news... we're having a baby!!! Baby Causey is due on Decemeber 19th! We found out on April 10th and tried to keep things on the down low until Mother's Day. After a week and a half, we just couldn't take it anymore so we had to tell our family and friends! I don't see how people can wait until their 2nd trimester to start spreading the news!

I came up with this bright idea to decorate cupcakes with pink and blue icing... and write "12" "19" "10" on the cupcakes. We were going to have both of our parents over for a steak dinner... in appreciation of them helping us to yard work recently. Well, those plans got cancelled whenever my sister had to have an emergency C-section!

Noah Braden Jewell, born 4/19/10, 6 lbs 10 oz, 19 3/4 in long:



We tried to reschedule for the following night, but my parents couldn't make it. The steaks had already been marinating for 2 days so we had to cook them that night. We decided to meet my mom & sisters at the hospital, and surprise them with the cupcakes (which Hunter so wonderfully decorated while I was at work). Notice that a few cupcakes are missing because they were so darn good HAHA!



I was able to capture some video of us telling my mom....



Isn't that priceless? I was really starting to wonder if she'd ever figure it out LOL! We didn't stay at the hospital for very long because we still had to cook steaks for Hunter's mom, dad, and sister. We decided to show them some pictures of Noah... and at the very end we played the video above. They kept looking at us and asking "are you pregnant?" Finally we told them "YES!!!" and brought out the cupcakes! My parents came by a little later so that we could tell my dad. We showed him the video too! It was great!

I've been feeling fine, thankfully. I'm just extra tired and hungry every day! No morning sickness so far, so thank the Lord for that! We go to the doctor on May 12th and can't wait to see the ultrasound of our little one!

1 comment:

  1. congratulations!!!! how awesome. enjoy every moment. :)

    ReplyDelete