Monday, April 19, 2010

progress!

So we are making serious progress in the yard! We spent most of last week and weekend getting the yard ready for GRASS! That's right... as of tomorrow, we should finally have some sod at our house. Not enough for the full 2 acres, but hopefully enough for around the house! We decided to go with centipede over St. Augustine. Mainly because it was a LOT cheaper!

Remember my last post about the DIY compost tumbler? Well, me, Hunter, and my dad made one! And it works!!!






This past weekend we went a little crazy with flower beds! Thanks to our parents for helping us get everything planted. I'm just loving the colors!

Coleus plants lined up around the dining room window and new brick walkway.



Loropetalum and Double Knock-Out roses



Rhapsody in Pink Crape Myrtle surrounded by coleus



My beautiful gerbera daisies and the little devil that has already torn one to pieces...



Bama modeling behind our gerbera daisies, persian shields, dwarf gardenia, and sweet olive tree



Can you tell how excited I am about this? Seriously, ever 5 seconds I tell Hunter "we're getting grass in XX days!"

No comments:

Post a Comment