Monday, January 4, 2010

refreshed!

I feel so refreshed after a long break from work! I even took a much needed break from photography... well, sort of. I had two photoshoots, including a wedding with my friend Abby! But, I limited my photo editing to ZILCH, NONE, ZERO! Too bad I have to make up for all of that this week!

Before my break started I made a hefty list of to-do's and I'm pretty stoked that I got the majority of them done... and even completed a few items that weren't exactly on the list! The one thing I didn't get done was turning the antique panel door into a headboard. I got started on it, and realized that I think I'll wait until it warms up outside to finish. Stripping paint and sanding in the cold isn't fun!

Over the break I hit up my favorite antique shop, Korner Shoppe Antiques, in Denham with my MIL. I came home with all kinds of goodies! This one is my favorite:



(Sorry for the crappy iPhone image) That is my STEAL OF A DEAL accent table that I got for a whopping $19.95! You read it right... NINETEEN DOLLARS AND NINETY FIVE CENTS!!! Oh, and that cool antler thing on top is our new deer-antler lamp from the in-laws. It looks fabulous in our living room!

I also got a coffee table from the same store. I love it! You can't tell from the pics but it's an old cypress top with a teal-washed bottom. The teal and red accent table go perfect together!



Then I picked up this super cool bull skull (sorry I don't have an actual pic of it)...



The in-laws came over and helped us hang the bull skull above the fireplace, Hunter's deer on the wall by the entertainment center, and lots of other things. Yay for super helpful in-laws!

Did I mention that we finally have brick steps for our front porch.... cause we do:



Now my goal is just to have the outside of the house looking fairly decent in time for Theresa's baby shower... which is in 2 weeks!

I'm sure that I'm forgetting about lots of things that happened in the past two weeks... like Christmas and New Years... but I'm out of time for now! Hope everyone is having a great year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment