Thursday, September 10, 2009

Homemade Potato Chips

What's better with fried fish then some good old fried potato chips? It happens to be the hub's favorite! Normally I would use a few small russet potatoes, but when I pulled the bag out of the pantry, it was leaking and smelling some kind of awful so I had to throw them away! Luckily I had a few of these bad boys left!

IMG_9411

If your fryer isn't already on, crank that baby up! I like to peel my potatoes, but you don't really have to. Then I take a super parer knife and cut the potatoes into really thin slices. And this time I managed to not cut any of my fingers :)

IMG_9412

Once the oil is hot, I put a handful in the fryer and fry for about 5-7 minutes. Just be sure to keep an eye on them.

IMG_9415

I like mine extra crispy, so I look for a deep golden color with some brown! Once they are finished, I like to sit them on some paper towels to soak off all the grease! Then I sprinkle some Tony's on it! Soooooo good!

IMG_9418

If you want, you can also put them in the oven for a couple of minutes once you take them out of the fryer for an extra crisp!

No comments:

Post a Comment